For me as a wedding videographer, one of the things that I can't control in making sure your wedding video is close to perfect as possible is photography flash. Something planners and planning couples may not think about. As much as possible I try to take turns with the photographer to avoid flash, however, during live events like first dances and speeches there is nothing I can do. However, as the planner and/ or decision maker of the day, there are some choices that can be made to drastically minimize photography flash in your wedding video.
- Venue Space- When choosing a venue consider one with an outdoor ceremony space or at least an easily accessible outdoor space. Of course depending on the time of year you plan to get married. Just keep in mind natural light is the best light.
- Timeline- The time of day you decide to have your ceremony or do your first dance and toasts matter a lot to determine the amount of light is needed or not needed to capture them. In general my advice is the earlier you can do the formal parts the quicker you can get to celebrating with all your guests.
- Just for the Camera- Think about doing traditional formal moments in private and just on camera where us professionals can choose the location for the best lighting, angle, and sound.
- Professional Lighting- To ensure that every space at your venue is lit to perfection for professionals and your guests selfies. Look into hiring professionals to create a lighting ambiance or professional lights to create the the perfect lighting. Maybe even find a venue that already has great lighting.
- Champagne Instead of Cake- Consider a champagne wall or fountain instead of having your videographer capture the first cake cutting as a couple. Simply, from my experience the champagne is poured first and cake cutting is usually done later on for desert, which means longer hours. Not to mention Champagne just looks better on video, with the bubbles and effervescent look, you can't go wrong.
Thanks for checking out another MAP Blog, if you enjoy reading these please make sure to leave a comment to let me know what you think and send ideas for future posts.